Wednesday, November 11, 2015
LESSONS I'VE LEARNED FROM LIFE
This haphazard list was compiled quickly and is presented in no particular order. Random thoughts inspired by personal experience. Don't expect anything witty, profound, or philosophical.
1. Modesty and goodness will get you absolutely nowhere.
2. Seize the moment. You'll probably never get a second chance.
3. Think carefully before you speak.
4. Think even more carefully before putting anything in writing. It will eventually come back to bite you on the ass.
5. Never count on anybody for anything. The only person you can fully rely on is yourself.
6. People who act like they know the most usually know the least.
7. You can't please everybody. Don't even try.
8. Life is 90% illusion. Nothing is what it initially seems to be.
9. Anger and grudges are a waste of time.
10. It's extremely easy to criticize.
11. Happy endings don't exist.
12. Think carefully before saying "I promise" or "I do".
13. Never forget the past. It is the foundation of what we are today.
14. Don't rely on the future.
15. Time is precious. Use it wisely.
16. Falling into routine is dangerous.
17. Follow your gut instincts.
18. Never repeat your mistakes.
19. Curses always come home to roost. Do I ever have a true story to tell about this one.......
20. Never criticize anyone until you've walked in their shoes.
21. Always read the fine print - - numerous times.
22. Never trust an attorney or a realtor. Or a moving company. BITTER personal experience.......
23. The less said, the better.
24. Never eat burritos in Tijuana.
25. Never eat at a salad bar or buffet - anywhere.
26. Never go to bed on a full stomach.
27. Never begin a new relationship when you're lonely or desperate.
28. Never say "I love you" while in the ecstasy of having sex. You'll regret it in the morning.
29. The only monogamous man is a dead one.
30. Priests are perpetually horny.
31. The most vocal homophobes are often the biggest closet queens.
32. Anyone who says things get better with age is full of shit.
33. Never underestimate your own abilities or self-worth - - there are too many other people eager to do it for you. This one is my favorite.
34. Time doesn't heal wounds - - it only obscures them.
I originally wrote that when I was a teenager, and I still
believe it today.
35. Life is a consecutive series of misery, disappointment, pain, struggles, obstacles, worries, detours, tribulations, grief, uncertainty, agony...............and then we die.
Is there a #36?
Well, if you insist......
Never post videos or poetry on your blog. Distant yawns will be audible.
Am I just being a sarcastic wise guy here? Naw - not a chance.
Feedjit keeps mysteriously appearing and disappearing on my sidebar.
I'm still having trouble with the font sizes - which keep changing inexplicably.
this link is here to force you to my other blog:
Cabinet of Curious Treasures