Monday, October 31, 2016

THE BOGEY WAIL



 It's dawn on Halloween and I haven't been to sleep yet. I was up all night doing stuff, and when you do stuff after midnight time flies. I drank lots of strong Irish tea and the caffeine obviously kicked in. I'm wired for sound and probably won't sleep until Thanksgiving.

I made this video especially for Halloween and only finished it about an hour ago. It probably looks like a quick cut and paste job, but actually it was a helluva lot of trouble.

The current version of Windows Movie Maker no longer supports the Graphics Interchange Format (GIF files), so I had to put my brain into gear (or what's left of it) and use some ingenuity. I converted each GIF file into a WMV file and then changed the duration speeds so they look reasonably good on video.

In essence, I'm not as stupid as you think. Maybe.

Anyway, the music on this video is The Bogey Wail, recorded in 1929 by British vocalist Jack Hylton.

Actually, I uploaded the video to YouTube without even watching it, so I don't know how it turned out.

I'm going to hop into bed for a few hours and see if, by some miracle, I can sleep.

I might blog again later today - - if I'm in a reasonably good mood. Until then.....
enjoy Halloween! 
   

My YouTube channel is jayveesonata
I don't know the link  




16 comments:

  1. I LOVED THIS!!! You did a fantastic job!
    Happy Halloween, Jon. Hope you got some sleep. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Rita - I really appreciate that.
      It's early afternoon now and I managed to get a few hours of sleep.

      Delete
  2. Jon, you did an excellent job! Your Halloween video made my day. May all your pumpkins be orange and bright!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you liked my humble Spook Day effort, Dylan. It's so good to have you back online. Have a great Halloween!

      Delete
  3. I always thought as you as bright as a button

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. John, I'm about as bright as a tarnished brass button.

      Delete
    2. Bravo!!!!! Happy Hallows Eve to you my sweets! I absolutely loved the fun video, and as your aware, I ADORE Silly Symphonies!!! I also loved the added touch of Nosfertau. One of the most eerie adaptation of Dracula. I actually had a dream he raped me once in bed. I really need to stop eating before bed.

      Delete
    3. Nosferatu is definitely the most creepy vampire in film history. Being raped by him certainly gives new dimensions to eroticism...

      Delete
  4. You did a great job I enjoyed the video.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jean. I really love those old Disney cartoons!

      Delete
  5. OMG!!! That was so cute.....LOVED IT!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had no clue how the video would eventually turn out, but it's not bad at all. Thanks!

      Delete
  6. Jon, you did a great job. My holiday is enriched by your blogpost.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I truly appreciate that, Geo - - it isn't often that I enrich anything....(*smile*)

      Delete
  7. Late to the party ... I didn't dare open at work.
    In a word, I adore this, Jon! The cameos by Micky Mouse and impromptu shrieks were delicious.

    Bring on the Indians and Pilgrims! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey, better late than never!
    I initially tried different visuals to go with the 1929 music, but I finally decided to focus on the old Disney cartoons and I love them.

    Pilgrims and Indians are waiting in the wings....

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Go ahead and leave one - I won't bite. But make sure you have a rabies shot just in case.