Thursday, August 31, 2017

GOOD NEWS


Wow, it's extremely rare for Jon to be the bearer of good news. He's a devout pessimist, isn't he? And a chronic worrier. Prone to panic attacks. Acute anxiety. Impending premonitions of doom. Not to mention misanthropic tendencies.

Did you win the lottery, Jon?

No such luck.

Did you find the love of your life?

Heck, I gave up looking.

Did you finally clear out all the weeds, clean up the garage, and dispose of those pesky animals living in your roof?

hahahahahahaha - - are you kidding?

Did you find the Holy Spirit?

Holy spirit?? Hell, the Devil has been riding my ass ever since I hit puberty.

Did you adopt another cat? 

Hey - I might be crazy, but I'm not that crazy. 

Did you finally come to terms with yourself and realize that you're cute, charming, talented, and infinitely interesting?

Cute? Maybe....

So I give up! Tell us what the good news is.

Good news? I don't remember.

Oh, yea! I just checked my Zazzle account and all my missing products (850 of 'em) have been restored. So I'll be opening the store sometime this weekend .
That is, if nothing else goes wrong.
(see my previous post)

I wandered out in the rain today and snapped a few photos of the weeds. 


This butterfly finally stayed still long enough to be photographed.





 There's a bee on the top flower.

 

18 comments:

  1. That is good news. Glad you got your inventory back and hope it stays that way. I'm not at all familiar with Zazzle, but I'd look at your store if I'm able to access it. Is it just for Americans ?

    For weeds they sure show well on the pictures. Love the color of the flowers and how they attract bees and butterflies. Good luck with the shops grande opening !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never knew much about Zazzle until recently. They are an international company (in about 16 countries, including Canada). When I finally open my store, I'll put links on my blog.

      The weeds are extremely colorful this time of year - with purple, pink, and yellow flowers. It's almost like spring.
      I hope those fires in your neck of the woods have finally died down.

      Delete
  2. Oh yeah I see the bee. You are successful to be able to snap a picture of a butterfly, I never can. Pretty pictures Jon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It took about ten minutes before I could finally get a picture of the butterfly. He just wouldn't stay still.

      Delete
  3. Woo-hoo and yeaaaaay! Yes, Virginia, there IS a Santa Claus!
    Color me, looking forward!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay!!!!! I will be anxious to see your shop when I return. I'm still away...enjoy the last week and a half before I rejoin the rat race. Nice to see you cheery....I thought maybe you found a stash of weed? Or does that make you mellow?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Weed does make me mellow and unduly introspective. Holy crap - it's September already! I always look forward to autumn, but this summer was too brief.
      Enjoy the rest of your holiday!

      Delete
  5. Beautiful photos, Jon, and I'm so glad your Zazzle catalogue has been restored. It helps allay my fears that our arts, writings, products and history in this brash new century are not recorded in disappearing ink.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was feeling very comfortable with Zazzle and I took my time (far too much time) preparing things for my store. This recent Zazzle glitch took me COMPLETELY by surprised. It was the last thing I was expecting. It's a great relief that my stuff has reappeared.

      Delete
  6. OMG!! That is great news! :) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Upon reading the recent Zazzle online forums, MANY people nearly had heart attacks when they discovered their products had disappeared. I take comfort in the fact that I wasn't alone.
      I hope it doesn't happen again.

      Delete
  7. wonderful to hear your zazzle items have been restored. that was a sweet butterfly too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A lot of people were affected by this big Zazzle glitch. I'm glad it had a happy ending.
      I was surprised to see butterflies out in the rain.

      Delete
  8. I must confess, I never heard of Zazzle, other than as part of a word in a Dr. Seuss book. Still, I'm glad it didn't zap your stuff for good.

    Your weeds are pretty. May all of our weeds be wildflowers, which are just as pretty as regular flowers in my opinion. They just don't have a very good PR guy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never heard of Zazzle until fairly recently. It sounds like an exotic disease, but fortunately it's not contagious.

      As for my weeds - I only focus on the photogenic ones...

      Delete
  9. Very happy for you Jon. Always nice to get good news, for a change! We have enough bad news (bears).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ron, lately good news has been so rare that it scares me.

      Delete

I love comments. Go ahead and leave one - I won't bite. But make sure you have a rabies shot just in case.