Saturday, October 7, 2017

REMEMBRANCE



I made this video last October and posted it last year, but I think it's worthy of an encore.

All of the photos in the video were taken on my property here in Tennessee. To set the autumnal mood, I chose one of my favorite compositions - The Long March by Vangelis (from the 1978 album China).

In a nutshell, Remembrance encompasses my feelings about autumn, which has always been my favorite time of year. I have an autumnal soul: deeply melancholic, sentimental, nostalgic - - and tinged with a romanticism that no longer exists.

I've lived a very turbulent, reckless, undisciplined life tainted with a large portion of unhappiness and bad memories.
Yet, strangely enough, every autumn that I can remember has been a happy one. That's undoubtedly why I like it so much. My autumnal memories are all precious and sweet.



This video can be found on my YouTube channel JayveeSonata. It's best viewed full-screen.

8 comments:

  1. I remember this video. Beautiful!
    Autumn through the new year/early winter were really the best times of year for me, too, and were always the best memories. Probably why it's my favorite time of year also. Sweet time...maybe bittersweet. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you re-posted this. I love autumn!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is definitely worth an encore. Just beautiful !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jon,
    Autumn is also my favorite time of year. Perhaps because that is the time of year when I was born. The weather is still unusually warm here in southern Delaware though. Waiting for that cool, crisp air of autumn to come!
    Ron

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, very atmospheric. MaggieB

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely film, almost enough to make me love autumn best. And well worth an encore.

    ReplyDelete
  7. "...unhappiness and bad memories"? Yes, certainly by this time we are a circus of those, Jon. I can't decide whether I worked my ass off or kicked it off from mistakes I've made. Doesn't matter. Your music is a healing balm in both possibilities. Excellent post.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Go ahead and leave one - I won't bite. But make sure you have a rabies shot just in case.