Sunday, April 21, 2019

EASTER




I initially wrote a long and serious blog post. Then I thought
Hell, it's Easter! I don't want to cause anyone to choke on their Cadbury eggs or marshmallow Peeps.

So, I scrapped the long post and extracted some photos from my Easter-oriented files. The photos will undoubtedly enthrall you and greatly contribute to your Easter pleasure.

So - what are your Easter plans, Jon?

Yesterday (Saturday) was rainy and so cold (in the 30's!!) that I had to put the heat on. 
As I write this, it's 2:00 on Easter morning. Still damp and chilly, but at least the rain has stopped.

I bought a beautiful smoked ham, but suddenly decided that I'm not in the mood to have an elaborate meal. So, I'll probably have chicken, potatoes, and vegetables instead (I've been existing on sandwiches all week, so anything else is an improvement). 

A few of these pics were taken when I lived in Texas, so you've probably seen them before.




 Easter Bunny Meets Tumbleweed

My cat Scratch (also known as Kitzee)
eating the Easter tulips

Bunny and Eggs


 Recent photos from my haphazard collection of bunnies and chicks:

 Two contemporary bunnies pondering an antique egg (the china in the background is nearly 200 years old)

Porcelain dish with a couple of chicks

Ceramic chick in shell
(one of my favorites) 

 Papier Mache Rabbit

 I used to use this as a pencil holder (and probably will again)

 That antique box holds my ring collection


 Bunny Teapot

Here's the whole bunny tea set 





6 comments:

  1. I love the bunny tea set. You have some lovely things, Jon. Happy Easter. It is warm here in the UK, unusual for this time of year, but we're told it will only last for two days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HA! Only someone who's lived both in New Mexico and West Texas can appreciate that tumbleweed! This makes me wish I'd picked up some seasonal objects d'art along the way. All are sweet, but I especially like the pencil holder and teapot. Happy Easter chicken!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Easter.
    I grew up with tumbleweeds in a suburb of Minneapolis. They aren't only down south. We have them on the prairie, too. ;) We had one blowing around here a year or two ago. I took pictures for the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have several egg cups with chicks on- my mother had a collection of egg cups. Look as if one or two of them were made in a similar style to the cute china which you feature here. Happy easter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Norma is the ceramic rabbit collector here --her garden is bordered with them. I am content as cement-goose repairman. We have only one of those. Beautiful collection, Jon. A joy to see. Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Go ahead and leave one - I won't bite. But make sure you have a rabies shot just in case.