Wednesday, August 21, 2019

WHO IS THIS??

I've decided to take a break from voicing my endless complaints about living in the wilderness.

I can hear your enthusiastic applause.
Settle down!

Instead of talking about snakes, bats,  'possums, gnats, and wasp stings.....
I've dug into the depths of my nearly-forgotten photo files and found some puzzles for you.

Who are these people??

You might guess who some of them are.
Others are probably impossible to identify.

The first mystery person is a sweet little old lady with her favorite dog, in a 1922 photo.
Hint:
she's in her home called Maplecroft. 


It's Lizzie Borden, the ax murderess!
In 1892 she was accused (and later acquitted) of killing her father and stepmother.

 I read several books on the subject. She was guilty as hell.

Okay, let's go from sinner to saint.

Mary Teresa Bojaxhiu
Mother Teresa

How about a shameless hussy?
This 1943 photo might shock you.

It's actress Betty White!!
au naturel
 age 22
(she's still alive at 97)


 Hey! Who's the "red" hunk?
This is the first time a Communist ever turned me on.
(I'm jesting, of course......maybe...)

 Joseph Stalin


Some famous actors looked absolutely hideous - until they got Hollywood "makeovers"

Clark Gable
 (I kid you not)


She uttered my all-time favorite movie line:
"I'd love to kiss you, but I just washed my hair."
Cabin in the Cotton, 1932

 Bette Davis


A possible future president??

Theodore Roosevelt
age 15



You'll never guess this one, so I'll give a big hint. She was in the Wizard of Oz.

 Billie Burke
Glinda, the good witch



This young lady looks kinda "butch" to me.


Dolly Parton
we all love her



He might become a famous writer some day.
Samuel Langhorne Clemens
Mark Twain


He might become a bad guy some day.

Al Capone
(If I had said "gangster", you would have guessed it)


....and he might become a singer some day....

Elvis Presley


Off into the wild blue yonder...... 

Amelia Earhart
in 1914


If I give any hint at all, you'll guess who this is.
........a mouse......??

Walt Disney


Good Gawd - this face has never changed!!

Alfred Hitchcock


Should I say she was unfairly imprisoned?


Martha Stewart
as a young model
and still sexy at age 78 (!!)



Hollywood's genuine sweetheart. You know who she is.

 Judy Garland


....and last but not least.....

Donald J. Trump

OUR President!!!

I just threw this in to piss off all the haters.


20 comments:

  1. Jon, what a GREAT selection of Who Is This?!?!

    The picture of Mother Teresa made me go, "WOW!", because I only associate her with images I've seen when she was older. What a beautiful lady (inside and out) she was.

    And Betty White?!? OMG...so that's where her "Sue Ann Nivens" character came from! LOL!

    I've seen that picture of Clark Gable before and thought the same as you, "THIS was Clark Gable?!?!"

    "I'd love to kiss you, but I just washed my hair." LOVED that one too! My favorite Bette Davis movie is, "Now Voyager." My second favorite is, "Dark Victory." My third favorite is, "All About Eve." As you can tell, I LOVED Bette Davis!

    The picture of Dolly Parton looks like it could be her BROTHER! OMG...where's all the makeup and hair?!?! I just recently watched an old interview with her (1980's) in which she said that if she never became a country western singer, she'd be a DRAG QUEEN! What hoot!

    LOVED the one of Trump! His younger son (Eric) is the spitting image.

    FUN post, Jon! Enjoyed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mother Teresa's early photo looks surprisingly modern.
      That Betty White picture has been circulating on the Internet for years, but it really shocked me...she's just about the last person I could ever visualize nude.

      I've seen lots of early unflattering shots of Clark Gable - some are even worse than the one I used.

      YES! Bette Davis has always been one of my ultra-favorites, as long as I can remember. I have MANY favorite BD films, including "The Letter" and "Now, Voyager".

      Dolly Parton has always been a great parody of a drag queen. That plain, boyish early photo surprised me.
      Eric Trump really does resemble his father.

      Glad you enjoyed the post, Ron!

      Delete
  2. This was fun Jon! I guessed Betty D., Dolly, Elvis, Alfred H. and Donald Trump. Alfred's facial features didn't change at all he just aged.

    You can have your communist hunk, I have my eyes on Teddy.. oh yeah! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Hitchcock baby picture is astounding because his face looks EXACTLY like it did when he was an adult. Actually, Elvis looked the same in his young photo, too, except as a child he had light hair.
      The Mother Teresa photo surprised me.

      Delete
  3. These were really interesting!! Loved them. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rita, I plan to do more of these photo posts because they're fun.
      Many thanks for stopping by my blog - I realize how difficult it is for you to do things now. Take care - - and love to Annie!

      Delete
  4. Sorry I'm tardy! (Don't ever assume a call to Verizon tech support might be brief.)
    These are all so great! I guessed Elvis and Hitchcock (OMG!) but the others were a total surprise. Betty White has me cracking up! If I hold my hand over the right side (HIS right side) of his face, I agree with your impression of Stalin. More, please?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Myra, I panic every time I have to call tech support for anything. It always turns into a long and torturous ordeal.

      I always have fun doing these photo posts and plan to do more. I have a surplus of weird photos in my files.
      The Betty White photo was really a shocker. She's the last person I ever expected to see naked. Let's hope I don't discover any nudies of Mother Teresa...

      Not sure if Stalin ever really had a right side (*smile*) but I envy his hair.

      Delete
  5. I enjoyed all your pictures, some surprised me. Trump should have kept his hair cut in this style it looked much better on him. I was really surprised at the picture of Betty White.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have so many of these type of photos that I'll probably do a Part Two. The Betty White photo was shocking. Ar first I didn't think it was genuine, but I did some research and found out it's true!

      Trump's hair looked a lot more natural on the old photo than it does nowadays.

      Delete
  6. Omg, these are fabulous. I LOL'd at Hitchcock; incredible how he never changed! I could see the resemblances after I read them, but not for Mark Twain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought Alfred Hitchcock was the funniest, because as a baby he really does look like he did when he was 60. Elvis also looked the same as an adult, except for the color of his hair.
      I'll probably do more of these posts because they're fun.

      Delete
  7. I had trouble with commenting......adding that who knew Stalin was so hot??? Great hair!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now there's a face I could keep looking at. Wowee! Pity about his history!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stalin?
      For one brief moment, I thought you were talking about me! (*smile*)

      Delete
  9. GREAT pictures!!! The ones of Elvis and Hitchcock were the easiest to identify. It's uncanny how little they changed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's funny how some people look exactly the same their entire lives. I've seen some childhood pictures of Hitler and all he needed was the mustache.

      Delete
  10. You were so right in that Hitchcock looked like himself even at such a young age. Betty White was a real surprise, and is still one of my favorites. This natural pose wasn't that surprising because she comes across as a very spunky lady even in her 90s.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really laughed at Hitchcock's baby picture. He looked exactly the same as when he was 60!
      Betty White's nudie photo shocked me - but, you're right, she was always spunky, so I shouldn't be surprised.

      Delete

I love comments. Go ahead and leave one - I won't bite. But make sure you have a rabies shot just in case.