Saturday, June 12, 2021

MYSTERY OF THE MAGICAL MISSING SNAKE

 


 

 The title says it all.
How many days has it been  - two or three - since I discovered the snake (in the above photo) lurking among my antiques high on the fifth shelf of the built-in bookcase.....(details on my previous blog post)

I am immersed with so many righteous blessings and incidents of unmitigated joy, that it's difficult to keep track of everything.
(sarcasm)

In short, I've spent the past two days searching relentlessly EVERYWHERE for the missing serpent but it's a No Show.

Big Question:
Where the hell did it go??
It must be in the house somewhere. It must be damn good at hiding.

Am I scared? Am I upset?
Truthfully, no. I have far too many other problems in my tumultuous life to worry about an errant reptile.
If I find it - good. If I don't find it - I'll welcome it as a new member of the family. I'm not about to lose sleep over it.

I'm not going to call Snake Busters.
And I'm sure as hell not going to move.
I've been moving my entire life and I fully believe that the constant moves have cause 95 per cent of my problems.

I've lived in the blissful Tennessee wilderness for six and a half years. So far I've had two 'possums in the house, three snakes, and one sparrow (who flew in the back door when I opened it).

The 'possums were a challenge to capture. Wish I had those adventures on video.

Two of the snakes were fairly easy to catch, because they both came out in the daylight.

This present snake is extremely elusive. Annoyingly elusive.

If I ever capture him (her?) I'll let you know.

Is today Saturday? It's the first day we haven't had rain in months. More rain predicted for tomorrow,

Weird, creepy thing happened late last night. I looked out my kitchen window and saw this:



A frog? Clinging to the window??
Very strange. I took flash pics with my digital camera.
The frog stayed on the window for about an hour - then disappeared.

The lightning bugs are finally here! I saw them early yesterday evening - flying among the brush and tall grass. A peaceful respite among general chaos.

Until next time
Cheers from Jon, the cats, the frog......
and the snake


P.S.
I thought this would be a rainless day. In late afternoon there was a severe storm and three power outages.

Comments disabled until I can resolve technical problems with Blogger

9 comments:

  1. Yay for lightning bugs and boo for escaped snakes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have mixed feelings about the frog in the window. Yay? Or boo??

      Delete
  2. Adorable! The tree frog, I mean. We had them all the time in Florida. I'm surprised the kitties weren't disturbed and/or annoyed by the snake. You've checked in all your mixing bowls and pots, right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Strangely enough, the frog creeps me out more than the snake. I never knew frogs could climb windows. Of, course, I never knew a snake could scan a six-shelf bookcase.....
      Pots? Mixing bowls??? Holy hell.

      Delete
  3. i like the frog suctioned cupped to the window. seriously cute as long as its not the poisonous type. lightening bugs bring solace. as for the snake, i'd be at the local motel 6 until the cats or game keeper removed it ao i could see it was gone. just the thought of it slithering through your house gives me the creeps. but since you've survived bouts with scorpions, i'm sure a snake is no match . enjoy the rest of your weekend. i wish you well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The frog does look fake. I seldom see any frogs around here. The extreme damp/wet weather must be enticing them.
      I am so completely exhausted (and disgusted) with all the problems around here, that I hardly even care about the snake. I'm hoping the cats don't encounter him.
      Those TX scorpions were indeed a nightmare.

      Delete
    2. The frog does look fake. I seldom see any frogs around here. The extreme damp/wet weather must be enticing them.
      I am so completely exhausted (and disgusted) with all the problems in this place that I hardly even care about the snake. I'm hoping the cats don't encounter him.
      Those TX scorpions were indeed a nightmare.

      Delete
  4. I'M UNABLE TO DELETE MY REPLIES. SORRY ABOUT THAT.

    ReplyDelete