Friday, December 14, 2018

AFTER THE "B" DAY

I didn't bother to mention that yesterday was my birthday. I mostly spent the day trying to ignore the fact that I'm a year older. There comes a point in life when you get a sudden urge to kill anyone who says "Things get better with age".

Somebody recently asked me if I'd like to live my life all over again.

No way in hell! Once was enough. 

The journey from sweet innocence to irremediable corruption is excruciatingly long and brutal.


From the Matthew Brady files:
I was about two years old.

 A Selfie, over 50 years later.
I was holding a camera and trying to look tough simultaneously. Not an easy task. 

The best birthday gift of the day was the beautiful weather. Sunny and much milder than usual.

 The nearby mountain (hill?) from my bedroom window in early morning. It can only be seen during the winter months when the trees are bare. It's completely obscured by leaves in the summer.

I let Bosco and Scratch out on the front porch. They were both laying side by side in the sun, until I got the camera.
Then Scratch jumped up and rushed over to me.

Scratch, rolling around on the door mat - trying to impress me and Bosco.

All and all it was a very mundane and uneventful day. 

BTW -
Happy Birthday to Susan, who shares my birthday, and to Geo. whose B Day is next week.

18 comments:

  1. Well HAPPY Birthday anyhow to you!!!!!!! Now how many spanks do we give you on the backside, or would you rather have kisses? That your here is reason enough to celebrate my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hell, I've had too many spanks in my life. I'd prefer kisses.

      Delete
  2. Happy Birthday, dear Jon! Scratch's victory roll is an excellent gift. I did one out of bed Sunday night and had to walk with a stick for 2 days, but my heart was in the right place --at least I hope it still is. All best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Geo, I was tempted to roll around with Scratch - but I knew I wouldn't be able to get back up.

      Delete
  3. Belated birthday greetings. One thing for sure, you will never catch me up ... haha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy belated birthday! I wouldn't want to live my life over, either. It was a long hard road to get here. Glad to be where I am right now. ;) Happy Birthday to you, your winter mountain, and the two furbabies. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After the long, hard journey we've been through, we certainly deserve the peace and serenity that we have now.

      Delete
    2. Absolutely!! :) :)
      To me a long time to believe I deserved anything peaceful and serene. ;)

      Delete
  5. Felicitations a day late. Hope that you can indulge in a little something special. You may not want to repeat your life but do you have many regrets? All of your experiences make you the special man you are today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Regrets? Heck, I have more regrets than I would ever want to admit. They could fill a book (or two). Admittedly, they were learning experiences.

      Delete
  6. So glad to hear Mother Nature got my memo! I didn't realize how much Tom suffers from S.A.D. until we moved here … man, this is hard to live with.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The good weather only lasted one day. It's been rainy ever since my B Day. But at least the temperature is still mild.

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. I always say that I hate birthdays, but it's still nice to be remembered. Thank you!

      Delete
  8. I'm glad you... we... had such nice birthdays. No marching bands or anything, but we made it through another year. Phew!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Go ahead and leave one - I won't bite. But make sure you have a rabies shot just in case.