Wednesday, January 30, 2019

REPEAT PERFORMANCE



That's my cat Bosco  - looking out an icy window today and wondering how the hell it could be 12 degrees in Tennessee in broad daylight.

Global warming can't come soon enough. Rumors indicate that it will arrive sometime in June - or July.

I appreciated the comments on my previous post - and I apologize for not responding to them this time. Today my Response Mode isn't working. 
Actually, I almost deleted that post because I didn't think it was funny.
But then I figured
Hell, if I delete all my unfunny posts, there won't be anything left.

Welcome to Wanda, who is a fellow Tennessean and owns a Tracfone. I live in northern, TN, Wanda - only a few miles from Kentucky.

So - what's this about Repeat Performance?

I got up early (too early) this morning and the bathroom hot water pipe was frozen. Again.
This time it took well over an hour to thaw it out. I was almost ready to abandon hope but my persistence finally yielded results.

It's presently late afternoon and I'm going to take a nap, so I can regenerate and prepare for another frigid night.

6 comments:

  1. On the bright side, at least you're not stuck in Minneapolis. LOVE that image of Bosco!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bundle up, Jon. Try to dream of warmer climes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't apologise for anything, ever, but it often helps to write about things that ail you. It takes the heat out of things. My weather is flipping cold, even Charlie the cat is fed up with it. As I sit here typing with icy fingers I am wearing a vest, two jumpers, a cardigan, jeans and a jacket. Every fire in the house is on as well as the central heating. And they say its going to get worse! It doesn't help that a jigsaw I'm doing is a snow scene!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's been horribly cold up here in Fargo, too. Enough that it has gradually seeped into my normally warm enough apartment and cranking up the heat doesn't move the thermostat--LOL! Been spending the last couple days with layers of clothes on in my chair with a blanket. Then I'm fine.

    Up here most places are built with the pipes as far to the inside of the buildings as possible and/or they are insulated. But this weather is just crazy. Schools, clinics, lots of places have been closed and there's even been no mail. We had 60+ below wind chills. The building has been cracking. And in Australia they're having record heat in the 120s! Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. can hardly wait for june or july. love bosco looking out the window.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We've had some colder-than-usual weather here, too, but it's been mostly at night and not nearly as bad as other places in the country. It was sunny and sixty degrees yesterday. (Ready to move farther south?)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Go ahead and leave one - I won't bite. But make sure you have a rabies shot just in case.