Sunday, March 11, 2018

REMEMBER



I'm having a rotten weekend - sandwiched between a generally rotten existence.
Things have been going so badly that there are times when I simply shut down, mentally and physically, and refuse to cope. 

This has nothing to do with cats or mice or life here in the wilderness. It has to do with all the unpleasant personal crap that I seldom write about in my blog.

Heck, I'm here to entertain - - not to horrify.
Uttered with grim sarcasm.

Sometimes remembering is a satisfying avenue of escape. Warm memories of distant times. That's why I chose this video, which I made about a year or two ago.

I love this song. It's generally known as Remember, but the original title is Willow - written by Richard Buckner.

This version is sung by Richard Buckner and Patty Griffin and was used in the 2008 movie Dream Boy.

As always, video is best viewed full screen. 

7 comments:

  1. Sorry about your rotten weekend, kind sir. I hope today is better...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear you are having such a crappy time of it. :(
    Hang in there. This too shall pass, as whomever said that says. ;)
    Hugs from Fargo. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice video. Feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jon, you are dear to me. Don't you dare despair!

    ReplyDelete
  5. sorry to hear about your crappy weekend. heres hoping the week ahead will be better even in some small way to change your outlook. i worry about you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sorry to hear this, Jon. I hope things take a turn for the better.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My previous comment seems to have vanished. I'll try again. Jon, I'm truly sorry to hear this, but never lose hope even when things feel dire and bleak.

    Best wishes for much brighter tomorrows !

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Go ahead and leave one - I won't bite. But make sure you have a rabies shot just in case.