Friday, March 19, 2021

ODE TO SPRING

 


 These erratic changes in temperature have impeded my enthusiasm for the upcoming first day of spring.. It's 70 degrees one day (Fahrenheit) and 40 the next. Frost is predicted for tonight.
I can't handle radical temperature fluctuations.

Today was very chilly and windy and I was tempted to crawl into bed and hibernate.
Instead, I forced myself to think sunny thoughts and made a springtime video. 

It's very short - just a minute and a half - but I tried to incorporate some glimpses of spring: flowers, chicks, bunnies...
The music is by Mendelssohn, piano interpretation by me.

If that isn't enough to infuse springtime warmth into your heart, I'm also offering my performance of Rustle of Spring by Christian Sinding (1856 - 1941).

 

 

I've posted this video several previous times, but just pretend like you haven't seen it and try to feign admiration and astonishment. I recorded this in Texas during the summer when it was 110 degrees.
(the audio is loud on this, you'll have to tone it down)

Welcome to spring!


Videos best viewed full-screen


10 comments:

  1. Ode to Spring was wonderful! The flowers and animals are lovely. Now if there just weren't all those weeds in my flower beds! I love spring--but not that aspect of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love all the things associated with spring - it's an inspiring and positive time of year. But, I agree, there are negative aspects - - like the GIGANTIC "weeds" that are rampant on my property, and the never-ending influx of insects.

      Delete
  2. FANTASTIC!!!! Ode to Spring was refreshing with the lovely pictures to accompany it!

    And I can honestly say that I never saw or heard your second video before. Jon, you play so amazingly beautiful! How did you learn to get so good??

    Thank you and HAPPY SPRING (finally)!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A wholehearted thanks for your positive response to my videos. My previous posts of "Rustle of Spring" yielded only a few tepid comments - which made me wonder if it was bad (I'm incredibly insecure....).

      My mother was my very first piano teacher. She was a brilliant pianist - far better than me. I also later studied with several prominent concert pianists and conductors in Southern California.

      Delete
  3. LOVE it! (Them.) Yes, I remember this pianist with the cool white shirt. :)
    You're coming close to making me re-think my aversion to Spring. (Only because that means Summer's not far away.) Oh well, it's one day closer to Fall!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know whatever happened to that cool white shirt, but I used to wear it quite often when I lived in Texas. My two favorite seasons are autumn and spring. If only we could eliminate summer.....and perhaps winter...

      Delete
  4. Admittedly, I didn’t remember that yesterday was the first day of spring, so thanks for the visual and musical reminders, Jon. It was warm enough here for a downtown walk without gloves and a hat and this week will be a high of 70 degrees so river sitting is in my future. Your performance was a first for me as well and it was to see you as well while listening. I concur with Lady Caer on your musical talents.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would have probably forgotten the first day of spring, but several people (weary of winter) kept reminding me. Here in TN we had a few days near 70 degrees - then the daytime temp dropped to 40. Today it's sunny and in the 50s. A lot of wind lately.
      I'm glad you liked the videos.

      Delete
  5. We have had a nice warm up. Im happy. I've been enjoying this music of late!!! Blogger is acting up again. For some reason, some of the blogger i follow aren't updating in my blogroll and im missing entries again. Yesterday, it hit me...what if so unfollow...and follow again? Villa....it worked!!!!!!! It corrected all the blogs that was my updating. All good again. For now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The blogs on my reading list always show up late, or sometimes not at all. I'll have to try the "unfollow - follow" ploy. Thanks!

      Delete

I love comments. Go ahead and leave one - I won't bite. But make sure you have a rabies shot just in case.