Tuesday, March 16, 2021

A LITTLE BIT OF IRELAND

 


 

I don't have one drop of Irish blood - but everyone's Irish on St. Patrick's Day.

My blood is one hundred per cent Magyar - liberally tainted with 40 proof whiskey....and other dubious additives. At any rate, something wild and potentially lethal pulses through my veins.

My latest video is entitled Souvenir of Ireland. I made it late last night during a major bout of insomnia and a sudden burst of Irish inspiration.
I had a little trouble finding copyright-free Irish video clips - and I nearly went insane trying to edit the music - but all in all it turned out fairly decent.

I was shocked when it took nearly two hours to upload the video on YouTube.  Usually my videos take about twenty minutes to upload.

Do you have any plans for St. Patrick's Day?
Rural Tennessee plans to have thunderstorms, and I have no plans at all.
I don't have any green beer. I'm presently in the process of making cranberry wine but it's not fully fermented yet.
I'm also presently making a haphazard concoction of potatoes, onions, and sausage in the slow cooker. It smells good.

Here's an In Progress photo:



Video best viewed full-screen

 

7 comments:

  1. Well my dear, you have out done yourself on the video. You are amazing.

    I love good Irish music too, being half Irish. Today and tomorrow my local station was playing lots of Irish folk music. I have gotten a corned beef and will have that for dinner with potatoes. My one thing I always have to do is watch Finnian's Rainbow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jon,
    I enjoyed your video very much, a lovely and relaxing tune. I and my husband are mostly of Irish and German descent. What a combination for soft hearts, hard headedness, and arguing. After more than 40 years together arguments still happen but our hard heads are softening so arguments don't matter much.

    Ireland always looks so beautiful to me, but with so much rain, I'd be down in the dumps too much. My son says it is a pretty place and the people were real nice. He may or may not have been influenced by the Guinness Stout.

    Happy St. Patrick's Day to you, Jon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such an AWESOME video - loved it! I am not of Irish descent either but as you said, we are all Irish on St. Patty's Day!! My friend and her husband took a trip to see Ireland a few years ago and walked the countryside - she said it was absolutely GORGEOUS!!! Would love to see it myself, but your video images make me want to go there even more so!

    HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY, JON!


    ReplyDelete
  4. BTW, your stew looks DELICIOUS, too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 100% Swedish so never paid attention to St. Patty's Day--LOL!
    Food looks good! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweet birthday gift! It's soothing my frazzled, storm-weary nerves. Your stew looks and sounds ah-mazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That was a great video, Jon, and your efforts really paid off in the result! While I have not one drop of Irish blood (Italian descent on all sides) my husband has Irish and Scottish descendants. In past years we have made a traditional St Patrick's Day dinner with corned beef and all the trimmings but it's always too much and lasts too long for only 2 people. This year we decided on corned beef sandwiches instead and bought all the fixings from the supermarket deli. I did make first-time homemade rye bread. Your crockpot meal is something like what we have done as well.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Go ahead and leave one - I won't bite. But make sure you have a rabies shot just in case.