Thursday, June 3, 2021

DRENCHED

Rain
Rain
Rain rain rain.
Not the possibility of rain
Nor the probability of rain.
Always positively rain.
Rain positively
Every day every night
Every week every month
Forever and ever.

This isn't a poem. It's a frustrated emphasis.
This isn't a complaint. It's a creative observation of the astounding complexities of Mother Nature. Or Father Nature, as my biased and unconventional gender orientation dares to perceive.

I once said that it rains 350 days a year in Tennessee. That was, of course, an exaggeration. In reality, it rains about 320 days a year here.

I'm completely out of supplies and desperately need to drive to town. I tried to go on Tuesday but the torrential rain was somewhat of a deterrent.  Narrow, winding mountain roads and biblical downpours don't mix.

I finally decided on Wednesday morning, because rain wasn't expected until late Wednesday afternoon. Wednesday dawned with ominous clouds and steady rain that increased with morbid intensity through each creeping hour.

Thursday (that's today, I'm assuming) was the worst day yet. Severe storms at dawn, high winds, endless downpours, and hail.


Heavy rain and hail this morning
baptizing the back yard

Pouring rain all day -
as if things weren't green enough

 (Blogger refused to center this caption)

Friday is still left, but I have absolutely no optimism for a rain-free day. It would be far too much to ask.

As for me, I didn't sleep at all last night. I'm brain-dead. Nothing more than the shadow of a zombie.
I should probably crawl into bed and cover my head. In the morning I'll send out a dove and hope he'll eventually return with an olive branch.
Rainbow covenant.

I'm hesitant to post this, because it's absolute crap. That's why I delete so many of my blog posts.


BTW-
many thanks to the discerning people who appreciated my Civil War music......

2 comments:

  1. I love the rain photos; they are otherworldly. It doesn't rain as much here as people think and we've had lots of sun recently. Don't be jealous--we get a lot of gray days too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That second image makes me think of a dreamscape. It's raining here, too -- and from what I'm reading others' blog posts, it's raining all over the world.
    I'm fixing to take a nap; why don't you do the same?

    ReplyDelete