Wednesday, August 22, 2018

EXCITING AND INFORMATIVE Q and A's




Despite the fact that I have lots of extremely important things to contend with, I'm taking a break to answer the latest questions that I found on Sunday Stealing

I just can't resist.

1. Five fears.

What, only five??
Fear has been the essence of my entire existence. I have hundreds of fears, at least. 
Small ones: like spiders and scorpions.

And big ones: like being awakened in the middle of the night by a roving band of inbred hillbillies reinforced with moonshine who will rob, rape, and kill me - then skin me and hang my carcass out to dry.
You want five fears?
Senility
Incapacitating illness
dentists and doctors
poverty (I'm there now)
surprise parties 

2. Three things I love.

Books
Music 
Solitude

I was very tempted to expound, but restrained myself.

3. Four Turns On

"Turns on"??? Well, whatever......

Depends on what kind of mood I'm in. Come on over - bring a cheap bottle of wine, tell me I'm cute, and I'll turn on quickly. I'm easy.  

Heavy kissing
Grand opera 
Glorious sunsets
Chocolate mint ice cream

4. Four Turns off.

Screaming children
Incessantly barking dogs
Arrogant, condescending people
Lima Bean Casserole 

5. My best friend.

Linda. I knew her since our school days in California. We were born less than a week apart. In my wild and flaming youth I dated Linda....and her sister (not at the same time).
And you thought I only dated boys, didn't you? 
 
6. My favorite book.

As a voracious reader, I have far too many favorite books to mention. It's an impossibility.  

7. My best first date.

Wait a minute - - if it's my FIRST date, how can I consider it to be the best? Or the worst?

8. How tall am I ?

I'm over 6 feet tall - - even taller in cowboy boots.    

9. What do I miss?

Landline two-party telephones, 8 cent Air Mail stamps, and Alfred Hitchcock Presents.
But seriously - I miss my youth and all the people I loved who are now dead.

10. What time were I born?

Who the hell wrote these questions? My guess is an eight-year-old from Bangladesh.....or a professor from Berkley.

I was born at 8:00 a.m. on a snowy morning in December.

11. Favorite color.

Blue is first. Yellow is second.
But I also love soft autumnal colors - like burgundy, peach, pale orange, gold, russet....earthy colors.

12. Do I have a crush?

Not at the moment.

13. Favorite Quote.

"Five per cent of the people think.
Ten per cent of the people think they think.
The other 85 per cent would rather die than think."
                 Thomas Edison

14. Favorite place.

Dorothy Gale said it best in the Wizard of Oz: "There's no place like home."

15. Favorite food.

I love food and will eat anything but sushi. I especially like Hungarian, Italian, Mexican, and German cuisine. Seafood. And junk food.
PIZZA!!!!!!!

16. Do I use sarcasm?

Sarcasm??? Hahahahahahahahaha
"Sarcasm" is my middle name.....

17. What am I listening to right now?

Birds chirping and chattering in the forest, some distant cows mooing, one of my snoring cats.

18. First thing I notice in new person?

How about all the things I notice in old person?
First thing I notice is demeanor. Attitude. Attire.
You thought I was gonna say "ass", didn't you?

19. Eye color.

Bloodshot red. Actually they're blue. 

20. Hair color.

I'm a NATURAL blonde. I don't bleach it...and don't have black roots.     

  
                     

18 comments:

  1. I LOVE it when you answer these often inane questions, Jon! I've a general idea of the 'authors', but would be accused of racism … or worse. My favorites? #1, #4, #6, #9, #13 and #14.

    Whaaaat, Linda? Have you told us about Linda before? Picking myself off the floor, I'm really happy you've a solid support/best friend in your corner!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For some reason I can never resist answering these inane questions. It's always fun. I walk on proverbial eggshells every day, trying not to be accused of racism.......Free speech, and humor are officially dead in America....

      I've known Linda for as long as I can remember and she has always been my closest confidant. We have a LOT in common (well, all except for politics). She still lives in California.

      Delete
    2. #13 - - I have always loved that quote by Thomas Edison. I first heard it when I was about 15 and never forgot it.

      Delete
  2. Very entertaining.....I think you turn off's are the same as mine, except four. I never had Lima Bean casserole...but hate lima bean period. I'd have to say a bed tasting gin for that. Favorite quotes would by far be impossible for me. Between Tallulah Bankhead, Joan Crawford, Mae West these is a lot!!! But the one I use the most and tag line of my blog would be from Mame…. "LIVE! LIVE!Life is a banquet, and some sorry son of bitches are starving."

    Speaking of living I will be departing soon from some time and may not have the chance to stop back..so stay out of trouble....eh, screw it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I ingested enough gin, I'd probably be able to tolerate lima beans. Maybe....
      Bankhead, Crawford, and West had lots of great quotes. And I have always like the one from "Mame".

      What's this? You're departing again?? I'm admittedly envious. Have a great time...(which I know you will....)

      Delete
  3. I love these lists Jon! Very interesting answers. We continue have a lot in common except for lima bean casserole. I LOVE lima beans. What's that all about? Every have lima bean soup. Yum! Look for my list.
    Ron

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My Mom loved lima beans and she put them in soup, too. I really hated them in soup. I haven't eaten them in a LONG time. Perhaps my attitude would change if I tasted your cooking.
      I'll look for your list.

      Delete
    2. Jon,
      To be honest, I haven't had lima beans in quite a while. One lima bean dish that I especially like is succotash. Lima beans and corn. Think I'll make me some this week!
      Ron

      Delete
  4. These are always a hoot, Jon! You always make me laugh.
    I had never read that Edison quote and I LOVE IT!!!
    Treasure Linda. :) :) My BFF, Ruby, died a few years back and I still miss her. I have friends I have had longer, but no one closer, you know? There's a big difference.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always have lots of fun answering these questions, Rita - I'm glad I made you laugh.

      The friends that we've known the longest are always the most precious. It's really a shame when they are gone forever (like your friend Ruby).
      Linda is one of the few people left who shares all of the same long-ago memories that I had in California.

      I love that Thomas Edison quote, too. It's truly my favorite!

      Delete
  5. loved all your answers. some hit a little too close to home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I always love to answer these questions because it inspires the real "me" to emerge.

      Delete
  6. This kind of post is always so much fun. Good answers, as always>

    I share your fear of senility, both for me and my hubby, and I also fear outliving my usefulness and the people I love. Death doesn't scare me, but being left alone does.

    One surprise in your answers? That you were listening to nature, rather than some inspiring music.

    We like it when the real "you" emerges, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never feared senility until I knew some people who had it. Alzheimers is horrifying - not only for the victim, but also for their families. We should strive to keep a very active mind (and body) as long as we can.

      Sometimes the sounds of nature are an inspiring music. When I'm in bed at night I love to hear the owls and coyotes - and all the nocturnal creatures.

      Delete
  7. So why five fears and only three things to love? seems like a pessimist wrote this quiz. I prefer to think of my fears in the middle of the night, or so it seems :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good question, Jenny. Despite the fact that I'm inherently a pessimist, there are a lot of things that I truly love. I condensed drastically with only three.

      Delete
  8. I'm delighted with this questionnaire and your replies. I agree with all of them and can add nothing except to "5 fears". I won't mention it except to say modern surgeons carved me back down nearly to a gelatinous pancake flopping around at the end of all primordial beaches. I survived. Whew! Good thing too --I hate summers like that.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My fears seem completely inconsequential compared to what you've gone through this summer, Geo. Anyway, I'm glad you're here to keep sharing your extraordinary wealth of information.....and to make us laugh with your much-appreciated humor. Take care!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Go ahead and leave one - I won't bite. But make sure you have a rabies shot just in case.