Wednesday, April 10, 2019

SUDDENLY



At the threshold of spring, naked trees were whispering plausible rumors of blossoms.

Then came several late frosts.
Followed by torrential rains.
And I feared that blossoms would be an impossibility.

Between rain clouds, a few timid pink blossoms eventually appeared - but without any promise of impressiveness.


Then,
SUDDENLY
the sun (finally) appeared yesterday.
The temperature soared to 75 degrees
(that's Fahrenheit, for those of you in the Norwegian fjords).
And the rumor of blossoms came true!

Trees are not only sprouting blossoms, but also tender green leaves. Birds are building nests. Weeds are awakening (unfortunately).

Despite an influx of aggressive wasps and bees, I grabbed my El Cheapo digital camera and wandered out in my "yard"  yesterday afternoon.

Here is tangible evidence:

I'm often impressed by my ability to make nothing sound almost interesting

















Yesterday evening, view from the front porch.

10 comments:

  1. Your photographs are ace. I love this time of the year, the different colours and varieties are a joy to see. Weeds are only plants people don't want, but they can be just as beautiful. I wish I had your view from my window, instead of a silly old fence.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We too have awakened quick. We have been in the high 70 and low 80s already this week, and I had the windows wide open at night. At night in April already?!?!?!?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, these are gorgeous! Your patience has finally paid off! That second-to-last photo looks like part of an exotic dancer's costume, hung out to dry.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMGosh!! Gorgeous!! Happy, happy spring, my friend. :)
    (We've got a winter storm watch through Friday--but it appears we might be right on the edge of it so might not see much snow.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been made a non-entity by blogspot so you may not see this. I wondered why none of my recent comments had appeared. Apparently I was commenting as Google Account or something.
    Love your pictures. We don't have many flowering trees here but my Rose Tree of China is beautiful. It only lasts a few days. I read that WD-40 will prevent bees and wasps from living in your eaves but don't know if it will work since they're already there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Holy crap! I just had to create a new blogger account so I could be identified when I comment. Blogger made changes in late March/early April so that I could no longer use the identity created by my old blog (which I never used anymore) Hopefully you'll see this. My previous comments have apparently been lost - not that's a big loss or anything.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! That is like a nature firework display! wonderful to see all those trees suddenly coming to life. 75 degrees sounds pretty nice to me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The photographs are wonderful .... Spring is springing here also... its almost over here tho..

    ReplyDelete
  9. The photographs are wonderful .... Spring is springing here also... its almost over here tho..

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Go ahead and leave one - I won't bite. But make sure you have a rabies shot just in case.