Friday, March 13, 2020

FRIDAY THE 13th






Blog posts have been showing up two to three days late on my reading list, which is why I'm behind in visiting your blogs.
Also, every time I try to access a blog, I get an annoying "Redirect" notice.

My shoulder still hurts so much that I can hardly lift my arm - which makes typing a bitch.

Foul weather again last night here in Tennessee. High winds accompanied by ample donner und blitzen. Eerily warm. At midnight it was 62 degrees (that's Fahrenheit, for those of you in the Baltics). 

I get those robocall weather alerts on my phone. Since I presently don't have a cell phone, the calls come via my landline phone.

I felt so rotten last night that I went to bed unusually early. The ringing phone jarred me awake. I was groggy, confused, and there were no lights on. I stumbled into the kitchen to answer the damn phone and tripped - - fell on my face. Somehow cut my knee. Blood was running down my leg.
As I grabbed blindly for the phone, I knocked some breakable things off a shelf and they crashed to the floor.

Me: Hello??

Robovoice: There's a Tornado Watch for Fentress County until midnight.

Me: F**k You!

My heart was pounding. I was wounded and bleeding. Broken glass was on the floor. I turned the ringer off on the phone.
I'd rather die in a tornado than get another robocall when I'm sleeping.
Almost....

Friday the 13th. Am I superstitious?
Not particularly. I prefer even numbers and tend to avoid odd ones (ironically, I was born on the 13th).
One true fact:
I NEVER go out on Thursday the 10th. It's my bad luck day. Something horrible happened to me on Thursday the 10th when I was twelve years old and I've avoided the day/date ever since. I refuse to reveal what it was.



How about that pesky Wuhan Chinese Coronavirus?

The virus is, of course, very real....
....but.....

The insane, perpetual, frenzied news media hype is absolute BULLSHIT and solely designed to generate panic and paralyze our country.

I'm very tempted to go into details, but I don't want to upset certain sensitive people
(not much, anyway......)

My advice:
Wash your hands and face

Be careful who you kiss

Stay the hell away from China.  

And if you're eager to blame our President for this fiasco, I'd advise you to spew your venom on China.

The virus originated in China and the Chinese government willingly unleashed it on an unsuspecting world.       



7 comments:

  1. I'm getting the same annoying redirect notice as well. Why does Blogger insist upon making these changes that just make their product harder to use?

    Omg our state is on lockdown. Good luck buying just about anything at this point. It's going to be 3 weeks of boredom. My daughter and son-in-law are both nurses and they are worried as they are running out of gowns and masks, thanks to the damn hoarders.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jon, I am so thankful that we do not get robocalls, well not many. We have a landline that has some sort of built in spam filter and I also block any unwanged calls if they do get thru. Does it help? yes. How annoying that the one you received not only caused injury but broken items - good to turn off that phone. I do the same with the cell phone and usually carry it around with the volume muted. Sure, I do check it, but on my terms and not the phone's annoying dings that a text message has been received. Truth is I don't get too many messages or calls which is good. The media is so annoying with this corona-virus which is really gotten so out of proportion. Sure, everyone should take precautions, but emptying shelves of all paper goods and other items as I saw in several stores this week is just crazy. Your advice is right on and what everyone should be doing (all the time in my opinion). Lots of things cancelled here including the library book sale. Hope your aches will let up a bit so you can get some rest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep. I agree.
    One of my FB friends recently shared a great meme: "And just like that the government controls all sporting events, concerts, jobs, colleges, medical facilities, whether or not you can leave your house has depleted resources such as toilet paper and food, controls all travel … And you guys wonder why they develop and use viruses to scare the public. They now control you and everything about your life. See how easy it was? Mass panic, hysteria, complete control. Of, literally the world. Over a virus. One that the survival rates are even extremely high. All freedom has been limited overnight. See how easy that was?"

    I'm left to realize, evil masterminds don't just exist in James Bond flicks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dilly Dilly! I have broken a glass fumbling around in the middle of the night as well.... barefoot! Being barefoot in total darkness surrounded by broken glass can make a puny tornado seem less of an immediate threat. Also.... I will keep my distance from China.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Jon, your advice is sound. I use sanitizer and wash often, not only myself but anybody I kiss too, and when the urge comes up I stay out of China. 2 days ago I was shoveling a dead cat into the garbage bin and fell down in the roadside ditch. Barked both knees and lay there thinking, "My heirs'll need a much bigger shovel to get us both out of this ditch." As for Trump, I figure he's doing the best he can with this virus but it's the exceptions to administrative edicts that will spread the virus.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is all sooooo painful. In this new age of worrythepantsofus I've a good mind to go back to bed and fill the ears with cotton wool or cork.
    I don't blame your president, I blame the rest of the world.

    ReplyDelete
  7. glad you survived the tornado warning. quite an ordeal to answer the phone. sorry to hear about your shoulder. does it hurt when you're resting too? no relief to take the edge off. OUCH. such a bummer. i have an autoimmune disease and diabetes. hubby has heart, kidney and COPD. i guess that puts us in high risk category. so we're being cautious about this virus. had the flu twice this year. Take care of youself. PS)I've always loved the 13th. My Nana was born on that date. and it means alot to me.

    ReplyDelete