Saturday, October 31, 2020

HALLOWEEN MORNING

 



It's early Halloween morning. Brisk and foggy. I'm in bed, snuggled under the covers, watching the phantom mists swirling outside the window.

I grab my trusty camera and zoom in for a closeup. Beyond the fog, the rising sun is illuminating the distant treetops.

If this doesn't excite you, I don't know what will. 

I should take a selfie, but I look like hell in the morning. Come to think of it, I look like hell in the afternoon, too.
Age isn't being kind to me....... but look on the bright side - I don't need to wear a Halloween mask. 

I had a sleepless night. Got up at 2:00 a.m. Went out on the front porch. Frosty, misty, and eternally dark. Coyotes were howling in the far distance. A couple of owls were conversing in nearby trees.
Very atmospheric for early Halloween. 

Went inside. Made a cup of coffee. Ate some apples with peanut butter. Munched on autumn-mix candy. The great part of living alone is that I can do exactly what I want, whenever I want.
I was never able to compromise. 

Perhaps I should more aptly say, I never wanted to compromise.

 


As for now, I'm still in bed and the fog is lifting. Looks like it's going to be a lovely day.

Another window photo inserted here.


 Isn't this exiting? You're in bed with me on Halloween morning and we're looking out my window!

I'm wondering what I should do today - -
carve a jack-o-lantern? Walk in the forest? Bake a pie?
I'll probably have pizza for dinner.

One thing for certain - I won't have to worry about trick or treaters coming around out here in the wilderness.

Or is Halloween banned because of the Plague? Everything is going to be banned. Forever.
Mark my words - I'm seldom wrong.

Anyway, I'll be spending Halloween with my cats. The coyotes and owls. And the forest ghosts.

Daylight Saving Time will give us an extra hour of Halloween this year.

Will I turn my clocks back an hour? Hell, no. Let the idiots who devised this travesty turn their own damn clocks back.

I might do another Halloween post later today. If I'm in a good mood...
After all, it's my favorite time of year.

 

10 comments:

  1. I whine about the time changes twice a year; I do NOT understand why we still do them. Ugh. I love candy corn and pumpkins although they are pure sugar and corn syrup. Perhaps that's why!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Hallows Jon!
    πŸŽƒπŸ’€πŸ‘»πŸ•ΈπŸ¦‡πŸ˜ˆπŸ‘»πŸŽƒ

    We had rain almost all week, but yesterday the sun came out and today is a beautiful Samhain. I will watch scary flicks all day, and I have a pot roast in for tonight's din-din. Loved seeing the candy corn. I haven't had that in years. I should have gotten some. Loved the foggy window picture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Jon, your sense of humor is unparalleled! I can definitely relate to the joys of doing what you want whenever you want; not having to compromise. (Rather, I used to.) I expect that's an 'only' child thing.

    The time change doesn't really bother me. I already shared on Susan's blog; but I think you, too, might appreciate something I saw on Facebook: Adding an hour to 2020 is like getting a bonus track on a Yoko Ono album. I say, do what you want!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect foggy Halloween pics out the window. :)
    I forgot about DST. Thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think a selfie would break my camera and the internet. Being a person who is outdoors all of the time...well, the weather is not kind to skin.
    Love the view out the window with the misty morning.
    Blue Moon, Halloween, and time change. What could go wrong?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Belated Halloween. Being in bed with you looking out your window made my day, even from a distance. you have such a way with words Jon. Hope you enjoyed the rest of the day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. the best thing about living out in the wv boonies is, you dont have to put on pants if i dont want to .
    i live about 1/2 mile off road, so can do chores, feed critters, ect in my skivvies in warm weather.
    it's not much, but it keeps me on top of list for crazy person on my holler.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Enjoyed your post and the cool pics. We do not get Trick or Treaters either where I live. We have mostly retired folks livng in our neigborhood anyhow.

    BTW, you may want to check out my lastest blog post. I think you will rather appreciate it!

    https://thewiccalife.blogspot.com/2020/11/a-halloween-party-and-historcial-event.html

    Have a great rest of the weekend, Jon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lol, I forgot about you and the time change! We went trick or treating with our 2 grandkids (ages 3 and 1) so it was actually just one of them getting candy. It was a delightful evening, Covid be damned!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Our Halloween evening was spent just like previous ones, watching Beetlejuice and the night before it was The Addams Family and before that The Legend of Sleepy Hollow. So your choice of staying in bed was perfectly OK and our treats were PB cups and Kit Kat as candy corn is not a favorite here. Who doesn't like PB and apples?

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Go ahead and leave one - I won't bite. But make sure you have a rabies shot just in case.