Thursday, June 13, 2024

RATIONAL CHAOS

 My entire life has been completely chaotic. Lately the chaos seems a little more rational. Don't read too much into this. I'm merely thinking out loud.

I am thoroughly tired of writing about my medical issues. I'll only say a few words about my recent adventure:

Hospital, heart trouble, 103 fever.

There. That's it.

Faithful readers of my blog (all three of you) have probably noticed that recent posts have nothing to do with my health issues. This has been my  attempt to steer you clear of doctors and hospitals and set you on a delightful journey through other aspects of my life.

I like to write about my past. It's a heckuva lot more interesting than my present.

I noticed that a few people wrote new comments on my previous posts that I didn't see. Well, I finally replied to them.

For the past few days, numerous huge work vehicles (contraptions) have been parking on my property and lurking around, including one from Jarraff Industries. I have no idea who sent them or why they are here. I suspect that they are examining the dozens of huge trees that toppled down from storms. Hopefully they will clear them out......but, who knows?

I finally found someone reliable who will mow my lawn. He's supposed to come tomorrow or Saturday. I'm hoping the dang work trucks won't be here again

Despite my new gravel driveway I'm still having trouble with the prima donna drivers from FedEx. Hell, I'm a city sissy and I never had any trouble navigating my rural driveway.

I have no tolerance for chronic complainers.

I have a lot more things to tell, but I'll mercifully spare you.

It hasn't rained in four days which - - here in Tennessee - - is considered a drought.

I'm presently writing a post for Father's Day, but debating whether to post it. Scandals, secrets, and delicious turmoil.

I'll probably have to carefully edit it, because it might render you speechless and send you into irreversible shock.

Daddy and I were never exactly best friends.....

See you later, Jon


A few exciting photos


Mysterious contraptions on my property



yesterday's sunset



18 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear of your recent bout of illness. Where ARE these fevers coming from?? I'm glad you're home and able to post again....and hoping you're feeling some better. Well, don't worry about rendering me speechless regarding a post about Father's Day. I was a psychiatric nurse for 25 years. I heard it all....many times over...and heard it all! Got a few of my own! I hope those 'contraptions' are taking care of the downed trees on your property. Don't get me started on FedEx drivers! Feel better. Take care.
    Paranormal John

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nobody can figure out those fevers but I suspect it might still be from my upper respiratory infection.
      I think only a psychiatric nurse could tolerate my Father's Day post.....and believe it.
      Thanks a lot for your comment, John.

      Delete
  2. Happy to read you are doing better Jon, it's rather strange that you are subjected to these "fevers" each time I come down with an upper respiratory it's the first thing that hits me.
    We have just had thirteen huge Ash Trees chopped down due to the Ash boring beetle, they infested them unmercilessly, and were a danger.
    Get well soon.
    Jo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a shame that the Ash Trees had to be chopped down. I never heard of those beetles.
      The mysterious sudden fevers frighten me. They usually go away in a day or two. I seem to be getting used to unpleasant health issues .....
      Thanks for your comment, Jo.

      Delete
  3. "I'm presently writing a post for Father's Day, but debating whether to post it. Scandals, secrets, and delicious turmoil."

    Healing, healing, healing. Praying that for you, Jon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've healed from the long-ago emotional turmoil.......but still struggling with the present medical adventures.
      Appreciating your prayers.

      Delete
  4. As far as I'm concerned this is your space, write whatever you want/ need to! The recurring fevers are a big nuisance. I'm hoping you get past them soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Writing has always been my emotional outlet. It's great therapy. I really hope I can eventually rid myself of the pesky fever. Thanks, Liz.

      Delete
  5. Write it as you feel it. Don't worry, speaking for myself, I don't think you could shock me or render me speechless. I am really sorry you continue having setbacks. It is difficult to see ahead when you are often being pulled backward.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Writing and music have always been the greatest loves of my life.
    Ironically, I used to boast that I hadn't seen a doctor in thirty years. I'm sure making up for lost time. I keep trying to pull myself foreward....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rational chaos ... I like that. You've always had such a gift for knit words and creating beauty. For what it's worth, I seriously doubt you could shock me; I encourage you to let your pain tell the story.
    I'm praying these crazy fevers will soon be gone for good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You always have a very keen and apt eye for my writing and music. I greatly appreciate that.
      I will release my toxic emotions on Father's Day. He was even more complex than I am
      The fever is also an enigma.....
      Doctors and nurses aren't much help..

      Delete
  8. I thought you said you weren't taking the antibiotic they prescribed for you? Did they bring that up? That might help a lot. Or did you have really bad side effects from it? Glad you are feeling better for now. Whew! Been like a roller coaster.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had bad side effects from azithromycin so they tried a different antibiotic. I honestly don't know what they gave me this time. The weird fever alarms me because I very seldom had fevers in the past. It's a never-ending challenge.... Hope you and Allie are A-OK.

      Delete
  9. Welcome back, Jon, and sure hope to be in that group of 3(?) faithful readers, which surely was a jest as you and we know there are at least double that number 😉 OK, fun over and glad to find a new post with the health updates and more. At least the mysterious contraptions are a diversion from other issues. Scandals and turmoil shiukd make for another interesting post, so bring it on. You won’t shock many.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your comment made me smile, Dorothy, which isn't easy to do. Thanks! Hopefully those mysterious contraptions won't be here when my lawn is being mowed.
      Beware
      Father's Day is coming....

      Delete
  10. The recurring fever is troublesome to me...are they sure it's got a bacterial or viral origin? Do you have any autoimmune disorders you're aware of? A fever and heart issues can be related, particularly is there is a bacterial infection. Hope it get's resolved soon.
    You'd think the workers would ask permission before parking on your property. Are they working on things on your land? One photo looks like a thing used to clear trees and large bushes.
    I visited New Orleans recently for a conference, an emeritus speaker they summoned from retirement. First time back since Katrina, the French Quarter looks much the same.
    Hope you are getting better, Jon.
    Best,
    Mike

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All of the blood tests came out good. I have no autoimmune disorders. I hope the mystery of the fever will be resolved
      I have no clue why they invaded my property or what they were doing here. They certainly didn't do any work. Today (Friday) they were gone.
      New Orleans always holds a special fascination.

      Delete

I love comments. Go ahead and leave one - I won't bite. But make sure you have a rabies shot just in case.