Monday, July 1, 2024

GLORIOUS DAYS

Welcome to July. The past few days have indeed been glorious. It's hot and humid, but brilliantly sunny and stunningly green. I've lived here in the Tennessee wilderness for nearly ten years, and seldom remember a summer that is this intensely green.

I sat out on the  porch  yesterday to savor my  surroundings. I usually refer to it as my property rather than yard. It's much more appropriate. The feeble photos I take don't do it justice.

Due to my (cursed) physical limitations, I usually take pictures only from the front porch. I wish that I could walk in the forest like I used to. My frustrations are multitudinous, but I try (try....) to ignore them.

Everything looks wonderful now that I have a driveway, walkway, and mowed "lawn". The place almost looks tame.

I don't have anything of interest to tell (which is why I often post reruns....to some ununified disdain).

I (think) I've finally chosen a suitable air fryer oven. It will be delivered next week. I desperately need a new refrigerator (let's not go into that).

The days are lovely and the nights peaceful. My bedroom window is open permanently now. At night I see magical lightning bugs flitting around. The owls keep a constant watch with their hoo-hoots.

Last night there was gunfire around 3:00 a.m. Coyotes? Wild dogs? Wild hogs? They're rampant around here.

But it was still a peaceful night.

Jon


I took some pics yesterday, but there's nothing more than what you've already seen.


A glimpse of my car...many of these large trees were damaged by storms.


The porch needs to be repainted but still looks fairly good.




This sunset photo turned out rotten

I was horrified when I accidentally deleted some comments on my previous post.
"Reply" and "delete" are too close together and my fingers slipped.


18 comments:

  1. I love your views. That's a big space. And we need pictures when the air fryer arrives, svp.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The air fryer won't be too exciting but I'll share it, just to be congenial. I enjoy the views, too.

      Delete
  2. "Last night there was gunfire around 3:00 a.m. Coyotes? Wild dogs? Wild hogs? They're rampant around here."

    And armed, apparently! 😄

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately for the coyotes, dogs, & hogs - the residents around here are dangerously armed....

      Delete
    2. ....and the critters aren't...

      Delete
  3. Probably fireworks going off, they have already started around here, although I did read where night hunting of coyotes is now allowed in Tennessee.
    I'm happy that you have finally gotten your place sorted out, it has to offer beautiful views from your porch.
    I'm still old svhool when it comes to cooking, lots of butter and grease ....
    ~Jo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At first I thought they were fireworks, but then they got closer. No one sets off fireworks in the forest (thank goodness).
      I'm basically old school, too, but I'll see if I can tackle an air fryer.
      I hope you're feeling better.

      Delete
  4. thecontemplativecat here Your acreage is lovely. Green Here is Calif. only certain areas are green. those are the areas where lots of water take care of it all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sufficient water can be a problem in Calif. - and those horrible brush fires. The enormous amount of rain here in TN assures plenty of green.

      Delete
  5. We can tell how much better your lawn looks! Wow! Makes it even nicer to sit out on the porch. You'll have to let me know how you like your air fryer. I won't have an oven or stove when I move and am considering possibly some kind of countertop cooking device. Know nothing about them. Enjoy the marvelous weather! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, the decent- looking lawn makes me enjoy being outside. I don't know very much about modern-day contraptions ( I sound like one of the Beverly Hillbillies). When my oven first broke down two years ago, I got a cheap toster oven It worked, but I wasn't crazy about it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. After a difficult day, you've warmed my heart. To borrow a tired phrase, "Don't stop believing!" 💛

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry about the difficult day, but I can certainly identify with it. Your phrase is comforting.
      Please take care.

      Delete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am glad you are getting the air fryer -I think you will love it!

    I have always loved to sit on a porch and just "BREATHE". Your yard looks GREAT - ENJOY!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are many inconveniences living in a rural area, but I'd never go anywhere else. The peace and privacy is wonderful.
      To "Breathe" is a luxury.

      Delete
  10. I've been away from your blog too long Jon. Who mows your lawn? I'm paying someone (Jose) to mow my lawn now. Much easier that way. You do indeed live in a very peaceful surroundings. I remember those dusty, hot Texas days. Still no feline companionship? i wish i had some. Last week I saw a beautiful calico kitty up for adoption. I wish I could adopt but my recent hospital stay is proof that I cannot at this time of my life properly care for a pet. I'm glad you're still blogging Jon and maintaining your wry sense of humor.
    Enjoy the summer!
    Ron (from Retired in Delaware)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's always great to hear from you, Ron. I always read your blog but don't always comment (only because I'm lazy). I'm glad you're back home and I hope you'll get your driving privileges back.
      I hired someone to mow my lawn - two guys from South America (I think). I really can't afford it but it's a necessity.
      I'd love to adopt a cat or two....we'll see...
      Take care and keep in touch when you can.

      Delete

I love comments. Go ahead and leave one - I won't bite. But make sure you have a rabies shot just in case.