Saturday, April 11, 2020

SATURDAY WITH PHOTOS



My Good Friday post probably didn't interest anyone other than myself, but - heck - I couldn't resist.

The spring blossoms in my neck of the woods started out with promise but faded quickly. My prediction came true: late frosts killed them. It happens every year.

A few days ago it was 75 balmy degrees (that's Fahrenheit, for those of you in Guam), but yesterday the temperature dropped to 40. Last night killer frosts arrived and expunged any semblance of spring. 

Devastating weather is predicted for Easter Sunday: raging storms, hail, and possible tornadoes.
I'm suddenly thinking of all the calm, beautiful Easters I remember in California and Texas.....   

Question:
Should I wear my Black Plague Virus Mask while I'm running frantically from the tornado?    

Despite all the chaos around us, I hope everyone will have a safe and pleasant Easter. 
And I'll repeat what I've already said many times:
Don't get caught up in the insane hysterical media hype. Use your reserve of inner peace and enjoy your sequestered lives. 

Someday soon I'm going to crawl out of the closet and finally say what I really think about this virus hoopla. 

Until then, I'll inflict you with some recent, uninteresting photos. 

 The blossoms were largely unspectacular this year, and short-lived due to the frosts.


 I'm going to miss the view of the neighboring mountain, which can be seen from my front porch. In a week or two it will be completely obscured by leaves from the trees.

(The cats will miss it, too)



Bosco (left) and Scratch

 The "yard" is turning green






View from bedroom window 

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful...and lets hope no Asian beetles!

    Have A Happy Easter!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty flowers! (and blue sky) We've had beautiful weather too (high 60s) although today we're back to gray. I'm trying to balance my news so that I am realistic but not overwhelmed. It can be tough some days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a lot more green than we do. I love the burst of pink.

    I'm a very social person and I really miss my friends. I will be happy when lockdown ends. The worst part is missing out on my baby granddaughter. It's just pissing me off now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That last picture is a gem... all that gold is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, between pacing and chewing my fingernails to the quick I've 'attended' church services down the hall, readied the interior bathroom with storm PPE and put a roast in the oven. This is the weirdest Easter I can ever recall. So nice to come here and look at your pretty surroundings. Stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful spring pics. I hope the bad weather today isn't as bad as they predict.
    Happy Easter. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Go ahead and leave one - I won't bite. But make sure you have a rabies shot just in case.