Tuesday, September 22, 2020

BLOG FEEDBACK

 I've tried several times to send "feedback" concerning the new Blogger format, but I keep getting an "unable to send" message....... so I'm going to post it here:

"Congratulations! You've completely sapped the joy and creativity out of blogging by forcing us to struggle with the "new, improved" Blogger. The old Legacy format was very easy to use and contained a wealth of readily-available features that made Blogger outstanding. 

The new Blogger is an absolute nightmare - difficult to comprehend and navigate, with a painful absence of all the best features you previously had. I now dread writing a post."

 

I've noticed that we can no longer revert to the old Legacy format - which is infuriating. To say that I despise this new format would be an understatement. 

I now have extreme difficulty posting photos and changing the "look" of my blog. All of the easy features that I loved are gone, making every aspect of blogging difficult and/or impossible.

 

Today I had planned to have a  post about the first day of autumn but abject frustration got in my way. I'll try to write it tonight.

Cheers, Jon


 

7 comments:

  1. Ugh! DITTO for me! Far Side Of Fifty helped me out a bit... still took 2 hours to post a couple pictures! IT is taking all of the fun out of bogging. ( I post a lot of pics... and yap a LOT!) I tried to send feedback as well. instead I vent on my blog too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm right there with you toots. And no use in sending feedback...many have told me the same thing and get no reply back once so ever. And videos are a pain to put in a post also. A fellow blogger Debra from She Who Seeks had a whole post today about this very subject. She had these links she found to revert back to legacy, but I'm still not sure I understand it all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jon, I also sadly found out last week that I could no longer revert to Legacy Blogger, which I was doing every time to create a new post. Blogger would change back to the new Blogger, but I was able to bypass it, but alas no longer. Yes, putting photos in a post is more difficult especially when you try to insert them flush left as is my preference, so now I begrudgingly "accept" that they will be centered. Placing an image center vs. right or left is not always great, but trying to do it any other way is a pain. I haven't tried contacting Blogger because don't suspect there would be a reply as you noted. The only "good" thing about Blogger vs. Wordpress is the absence of ads which I believe you have to accept with the use of a free Wordpress account.
    BTW Welcome to the 1st day of fall, my favorite season too. Hope you get some cooler weather now and no stormy nights, but that might be hoping too much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everyone I know on blogger is upset/frustrated/angry about this. (and having trouble with photos) Although misery doesn't necessarily love company, you are not alone.

    ReplyDelete
  5. DITTO. having the same issues you are. it's driving me bonkers. all my old links to my blog buddies pages are gone and i'm now being redirected to your pages with new ones. i can't figure out where to change them? and i'm afraid i'll lose touch with all my friends. it's maddening. why must you change things that were not broken with an inferior product? i want my legacy browser back.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I couldn't agree with you MORE, Jon! The new blogger is horrible and it siucks royally.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for saying what we're all thinking! The thing that bugs me most is when my reading list shuffles itself and I have to go looking for my friends.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Go ahead and leave one - I won't bite. But make sure you have a rabies shot just in case.