Monday, March 20, 2023

FRUHLINGSRAUSCHEN




I post this video every year at the arrival of spring. You're probably tired of seeing it - - but just pretend that you're delighted. 

Fruhlingsrauschen

Rustle of Spring, op.32 no.3 by Norwegian composer Christian Sinding (1856 - 1941).

I recorded this video in San Angelo, Texas during a brutally hot summer when the temperature was over 110 degrees (Fahrenheit). Apologies for the terrible audio quality.

Today, here in rural Tennessee, the weather is freezing and spring is nowhere in sight. The temperature dropped to 13 degrees (Fahrenheit) last night with heavy frost.

Warmer temperatures are predicted by the end of this week
Should I try to believe it??

Wherever you are - - - welcome to spring!




 

10 comments:

  1. We are expecting another snowstorm and 2-4 inches more of snow tomorrow . Spring doesn't come here for another couple months--lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow - several more months is a long time to wait. I shiver just thinking about it! Stay warm and snug - - and hugs for Allie.

      Delete
  2. What a complicated piece! I had to watch several other versions after hearing yours. Well done being able to pull that music off. And are you right reading or did you have it memorized? I could barely play the happy farmer unless I practiced enough to memorize the notes. Music still enchants me as it is the one art form I appreciate but fail to be able to mimic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember learning the Happy Farmer when I was a child and I hated it. The Rustle of Spring looks complicated, but it's really not too demanding. I'm reading the music from a manuscript in the video. On close inspection, you can see me turning the pages.

      Delete
  3. My God how I do love to hear you play! Thank you for sharing this video!

    Our weather is getting warmer as of late.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the kind words - - it helps to salvage my waning ego.

      The weather is still cold here in TN. I'm praying that it will warm up!

      Delete
  4. To the contrary, Jon, I never tire of seeing and hearing your performances. Sorry to read that the arrival of spring was not welcoming. Here in NH we have a sunny day and temos much warmer than in TN, go figure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's surprising that your weather is warmer than TN. The freezing temperatures continue to persist, but a warm-up is expected by this weekend. Glad you enjoyed "Rustle of Spring".

      Delete
  5. No pretending here, it was thoroughly enjoyable !
    Fingers crossed it will warm this weekend, albeit with a side-order of rain.
    Thank you for sharing your talent Jon.
    Jo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jo! It is still chilly here with rain all day. A significant warm-up is predicted for tomorrow (Thursday).

      Delete

I love comments. Go ahead and leave one - I won't bite. But make sure you have a rabies shot just in case.