Saturday, March 18, 2023

SPRING, WHERE ARE YOU ???

 



I've said this many times before, but I'll say it again:
If I ever knew Tennessee had six month winters with ice floes and penguins I would never ever moved here.

It's two days before the arrival of spring and I'm entombed in Arctic temperatures and freezing my tootsies off. My house is more frigid than a polar bear's hug (I just made that up) and I'm presently (desperately) trying to repair three (yes, three) water pipes that were frozen and damaged during the last blizzard.

This is beyond endurance.
(ironically, The Endurance was the name of Shackleton's ship).
I'm unbearably amusing even when I'm at the point of a nervous breakdown and impending extinction.



15 degrees (Fahrenheit) tomorrow night

Despite the absolute absence of spring and warmth, I'm (rather reluctantly) posting my Ode to Spring video - - in which I perform Mendelssohn with enhancing visuals of spring.

I have no doubt that this will charm you into oblivion.

                                                  Jon

                                                  freezing

video best viewed full-screen

6 comments:

  1. Laughter is the best medicine, right? And hope keeps us going. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laughter and a "the glass is half full" attitude is all we have it seems to keep us going sometimes I think. KEEP THINKING SPRING!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brrrrr! It's been bitter cold and windy here, too. Like the troubadours sang, "Don't stop thinking 'bout tomorrow."

    ReplyDelete
  4. Snowflakes falling today in our little neck of the woods. I can only imagine how cold it is in the eastern part of the state...
    Dogwood winter or cotton britches winter, never fails. Hope you got your pipes sorted.
    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Apparently cotton britches is most often further along in the season, who knew ...lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. If just wishing and hoping would make it warmer, then you have my best intentions, Jon. It’s ironic that many areas of New England are warmer then southern states.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Go ahead and leave one - I won't bite. But make sure you have a rabies shot just in case.