Thursday, September 26, 2024

AUTUMN ALBUM

I'm not in the mood to write a wordy blog post. Instead, I've decided to subject you to some old photos taken when I lived in Texas and the Missouri Ozarks.

A recap for the uninitiated:

My parents moved to California when I was six and I lived there until I was in my mid thirties.

The California that I once loved was changing drastically from a paradise to a dump. And my extremely hedonistic Hollywood lifestyle was destroying me. I sought refuge in the Ozarks.

Got involved in a serious relationship in the Ozarks. It started out perfectly but dissolved into absolute chaos. We nearly killed each other. I think I won.

Never get involved with alcoholics or druggies. I've done both.....

Finally moved to West Texas, solely because my parents retired there. I became a faux cowboy.

I'm starting to get wordy. Sorry about that. Here are photos of autumn in Missouri and Texas.

Jon


Took this pic on my kitchen table in Texas. One of my favorites.


Me in the Ozarks with two horses made of hay - Maude and Claude.


Gorgeous Ozark autumn. Me on the fence.


Maple tree in my back yard


My hair was dyed brown in this pic (kall me krazy) - maple tree in yard


Peace in the Missouri Ozarks


Civil War battlefield at Wilson's Creek near Springfield, Missouri






Pumpkins grown in my garden in West Texas


All in a row in my TX back yard


My sweet cat Kitzee about four months old, October 2005. I got her at the Odessa Animal Shelter.


My natural hair color, bleached too light from the Texas sun 


Autumn trees in Texas (in November).This lake was near my house and in the winter it was populated by Canadian Geese.


Canadian Geese flying past the rising moon


Believe it or not, snow in West Texas

18 comments:

  1. GREAT PHOTOS! And really nice pics of you, Jon!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to see all the pictures! My favorite time of year, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's nothing better than living in an area that has a change of seasons. I missed that in Calif.

      Delete
  3. Great photos. My favorite season. On your advice, I wish I'd known you over 50 years ago. I might have listened. I married an alcoholic/meth addict. I only made that mistake once.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is completely impossible to deal with anyone whose mind is tainted by addictive poisons. It's fortunate that you made that mistake only once.

      Delete
  4. Wonderful images, Jon! My favorite is the pumpkin in snow ... frame worthy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That photo was taken when I lived in the high plains, about 40 miles from Lubbock. Winters can be surprisingly cold there.
      Glad you like the photos.

      Delete
  5. Good evening I enjoyed all of your photos. I did get to visit Wilson creek's park, and is where I bought my life time national parks pass for 10.00. I only got to use it once when I went to Yellowstone with a friend back in 2017.
    when we first moved to the ozarks when we retired-I was shocked about how many alcoholics there are here-and most drive drunk and with no license-craziness.
    Moving to the lake up near gravois mills-no drunks haha
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There were a lot of drunk/drugged drivers in Texas, too. I lived very near Wilson's Creek. I really liked the Ozarks - - except for the frequent severe storms. I witnessed numerous tornados.

      Delete
  6. I absolutely love the picture of you with the haystack horses. I know you love autumn, so I hope you'll enjoy its many delights. I'm a summer person first, but at the end of the day, I find beauty in each season really. They all have their own beauty.

    But autumn is a pretty season...and I LOVE Halloween and pumpkins.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought I looked worse than the hay horses, but I'm glad you like the photo!
      I absolutely love autumn. The only downside is that winter follows.....
      Halloween should be celebrated all year long.

      Delete
  7. Friday...did you get hit with any of the weather from Helene? Hope you're ok.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Mike - - my area of TN only got a lot of rain but nothing else. Right now on Friday evening the rain has stopped.

      Delete
  8. It was me, Mike. No idea why I'm suddenly anon

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful pix of fall, like a picture book.
    At least in California we do get the fall colors.
    It's pumpkin pie time for an autumn and
    Thanksgiving memory, just like fruit cake time with Buddy and Sook from A Christmas Memory. Don’t be afraid to add a touch of brandy or bourbon to make for a happy pumpkin pie. :)
    -Rj

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Go ahead and leave one - I won't bite. But make sure you have a rabies shot just in case.