Monday, December 31, 2018

WEIRD NEW YEAR'S EVE



It's not officially New Year's Eve yet. It is late afternoon around 4:30 p.m. - dark as night and pouring rain.

Today was weird. Strange.  
Unseasonably warm. 65 degrees (that's Fahrenheit, for those of you in the Hebrides). Cloudy, misty, with an eerie wind.

I got up early - thanks to my annoying cat Bosco who leaped onto my stomach while I was sound asleep, rudely rousing me from Dreamland, and nearly causing serious bodily injury (he's a damn heavy cat).

After I recovered sufficiently enough to crawl out of bed, I did my usual morning routine of feeding the cats and cleaning the litter boxes. Then I washed some clothes and hung them outside to dry (since my clothes dryer is kaput).

This final day of the year had a surrealistic aura about it. I decided to capture the aura with my El Cheapo camera - but the photos are merely bland and colorless.
For one brief moment, the feeble sun tried to break through the clouds but failed.


The photos that I posted were all taken around 10 o'clock this morning - and they are all in "color".



Since it's New Year's Eve, I plan to have a very late dinner tonight.
At around noon I decided to make some lunch. I normally never ever eat lunch, but I didn't want to get hungry while waiting for my intended late dinner.

So, I made a huge delicious sandwich - with Italian bread, hard salami, Black Forest ham, and Swiss cheese.
 I sat down and was JUST going to bite into it -
when I suddenly heard LOUD screeching, grinding, and banging right outside the house.

It scared the living jeeters out of me - since I live in the friggin' middle of nowhere and never have any interruptions (except when cats leap on me when I'm sleeping).

My heart was racing and I felt faint - expecting some sort of mega wilderness catastrophe.
When I looked outside, there were trucks and motorized contraptions plowing across the front of my property.

 One of the contraptions, as seen from my window

I instantly recognized them as the same county workers that were in this area a few weeks ago, trimming tree branches from power lines.

They made an unholy racket for nearly four hours, but finally left when it started to rain.

I'm actually glad they're trimming branches way out here - - but it did extract some of the fun out of my Italian sandwich.

That's the extent of my exciting New Year's Eve so far.
I'm going to take a brief nap. Then I'll (hopefully) enjoy my late dinner and the rest of New Year's Eve.

4 comments:

  1. So what your saying is your mouth full of Italian meat was briefly interrupted my loud noise. I hate when that happens. I had to get one last immature crack in.


    Happy New Year again sweet cheeks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your colour photographs. Makes a change from black and white, heehee. Your breakfast sounds good, I like anything Italian.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Surrealistic aura indeed! We experienced exactly what you've described, only nearly 5* warmer. (and it snowed in Scottsdale … not fair, Mother Nature. Not fair!)

    Those county workers' interruption would have scared the **** out of me, as well! I hope your late dinner was far more enjoyable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Best they do keep those power lines free to avoid outages!
    Sounded like a nice New Year's Eve to me. Except for the cat pouncing on my stomach--LOL! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Go ahead and leave one - I won't bite. But make sure you have a rabies shot just in case.