Wednesday, April 28, 2021

I'LL BE SEEING YOU

 


I'll be seeing you....until we meet again, somehow........somewhere.......
I only wish I could have told you everything.
But everything is too overwhelming, too dangerous. Everything is all that we never wanted to know.

Am I drunk?
Am I psychotically irrational?

I'm in deep personal contemplation.

I recently found this ancient piano tape in my music files. So old that I'd nearly forgotten I recorded it. It's my own arrangement - - which is damn good.
One of the (many) musical warhorses that I used to play in smokey midnight piano bars, where brutal reality was mercifully submerged in booze, cigarettes, and delicious sexual anonymity. I was alive then.

Alive.
These past few years I am merely a ghost, contemplating my own grave.....

So I took this old piano tape, made a quick, sloppy, haphazard video out of it. Posted it on YouTube.
Nobody will listen, nobody gives a shit.

But I listen. I hear the inner sanctity, the clockwork of musical depth that only musicians hear.

The audio quality isn't perfect. Isn't even reasonable.
But it's an old tape.

That's life. And life, my friends, is a brutally unforgiving bitch.

I'll be seeing you. Sometime. Sometime soon.
With more words, more music. More disturbing displays of personal contemplation gone awry.

Without me, where else would you find such an appallingly addictive enigma?

                               

6 comments:

  1. I remember that song - very nicely done, Jon!

    Gee, I hope we will be seeing you again SOON! Maybe re-charge your batteries so to speak and come back to us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jon, that was a gorgeous arrangement of one of my favorite songs.

    I hope we hear from you again soon. It is always enjoyable to hear your beautiful music and see the videos that you create to go along with them. It is fun seeing your woods,and your kitties,reading about your battles with car mice and house mice, and hearing your opinions on things, sometimes the same as mine, often different, and that's how it should be, that way we can tell we're not robots. You should think about writing a book about your past adventures, seriously.

    I hope we'll be seeing you again on your blog in the near future. Take care. Look out for those mice and the danger mud.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It has been a long time since I have heard this song. I loved hearing it again! Thank-you for sharing your beautiful version of it. I am looking forward to more disturbing displays of personal contemplation gone awry! So... Come back soon! ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Jon, you known I have an interest in enigmas. All I've learned so far is that I can't ignore or easily dismiss them. Your clip, your post brings to mind my own imperfect past. I hope you'll visit "Trainrides..." and comment on my solution. We seem to be in a world that throws us away early. I can't accept that --don't you either. You're important to me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not just 'darn good', Jon ... this is great! One that's guaranteed to bring me to tears every time. I hope you'll be back this way again SOON!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wonderful. a deeply emotional piece with a stirring message to one contemplating all aspects of their life. find peace jon. drain your brain and find your peace. thinking of you. take care. i know without doubt we will all be seeing you again.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Go ahead and leave one - I won't bite. But make sure you have a rabies shot just in case.