Wednesday, December 8, 2021

DECEMBER GHOSTS

 


Frozen ghosts. Ghosts that haunt the empty realms of my troubled soul.

This blog is an unintentional enigma. The many conflicting facets of my existence are a grievous annoyance. My life isn't always an open book. There's a lot that I don't tell. I wouldn't dare.

In November my problems were overwhelming.
In December my problems are completely insurmountable. I've given up. Too mentally and physically exhausted to continue the struggle.
I'll somehow summon the strength to drag myself through December, to the threshold of another year - - and then what? 

.....and then the struggle intensifies with twelve new months of limitless agonizing possibilities. 

Ignore what I've said. They were random pangs of personal darkness not intended for public consumption. They should be expunged immediately. 

 My rural surroundings have engulfed me, ensnared me with  devious intrigue.
The forest around me
is tauntingly deceptive, like a wayward lover:
an incredibly alluring facade that harbors dark elements of inevitable destruction.

Yesterday at dusk the curious lens of my digital camera captured wandering ghosts - - mesmerizing spirits of haunting beauty that linger in the crimson glow of a December twilight, among gnarled shadows of naked trees.

And suddenly my troubled soul shivers with unexpected delight.

                                    Jon
                                    an enigma