Tuesday, April 9, 2024

RAINY AFTERNOON



There is nothing more annoying than a blogger who posts frequently and has nothing interesting to say.

What? Was I talking about myself?? Absolutely not. I wouldn't dream of it.

I woke up this morning and grabbed my cell phone. Checked the time, checked my pulse (to be assured that I still had one), checked the weather (rain all week).

Snapped a photo (above) of my bedroom window. Enlarged it. A jumble of assorted blossoms. Blossoms that survived the frost.

Speaking of survival, I hope everyone on the East Coast survived the massive Earthquake of the Century. Initially it was a 3.8 magnitude quake. Then the media romanticized it to a 4.8

I was raised in Southern California, where there are plenty of quakes. Rumor hazzit that Orson Welles blew bigger farts than 4.8 - - That's supposed to be funny. Feel free to laugh.

I survived the Sylmar earthquake in the San Fernando Valley. Happened in February, 1971 at around 6 in the morning. It knocked me out of bed right onto the floor. That was a 6.6 quake that killed 65 people. I lived about 35 miles away from Sylmar.

Did anybody see the Solar Eclipse of the Century yesterday? It wasn't exactly in the direct path of Tennessee, at least not in my area - - but it did get noticably dark around 2:00 p.m.

It was an eerie afternoon, partly overcast with mists from the hills. I went out on the front porch. It did get murky and quite shadowy during the eclipse.

There was a previous solar eclipse in the summer of 2017. It was sunny that day and the eclipse was much more dramatic. I took some photos but have no clue where I put them.

So what's new with me? Absolutely nothing. I'm creeping around in my walker, deeply depressed and anxious over many things which I won't bother to mention now.

It's been raining all week, slightly chilly today. I made more soup.

I waste my time between worrying and watching videos on YouTube. Yesterday I saw the 1940 film of Steinbeck's The Grapes of Wrath (Henry Fonda and Jane Darwell). It is powerful, but curtailed with Hollywood sanitization. I read the novel when I was fifteen. The end was a shocker compared to the movie version.

I'm hesitant to post this because it's completely boring and worthless.

But I'll risk it.        Jon


Comments disabled only because this is an inferior post