Thursday, April 6, 2023

GOOD FRIDAY

 




I made this video several years ago, revised it numerous times, and I'm still not satisfied with it.
I didn't want it to be overtly religious - -  yet I attempted to incorporate the essence of the Easter season. I wanted to convey a sense of peace and contemplation, which will hopefully awaken private realms of spirituality.

I used music from the final scene of the opera Parsifal by Richard Wagner (he preferred to call it a "festival play"). In my humble opinion,  Parsifal contains some of the most emotionally inspiring music ever written.


Have a beautiful weekend.     Jon


video best viewed full-screen

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you, Rita - - I hope you and your family have a blessed and memorable Easter.

      Delete
  2. Watched this video early on Good Friday and found it very inspirational, Jon, and a good choice of music which I was unfamiliar with before. Best wishes for Easter🐰🐥Dorothy/Beatrice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Dorothy. Your kind words mean a lot. I was initially hesitant to post this video, because I assumed it wouldn't be appreciated.
      I agree that it's very inspirational.

      Delete
  3. Love Parsifal. Have just been playing the one with Domingo as Parsifal and Jessye Norman as Kundry. Perfect choice for Easter. Thanks for posting.
    Paranormal John

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, John! Parsifal has long been one of my favorites. It's perfect for the Easter season.

      Delete

I love comments. Go ahead and leave one - I won't bite. But make sure you have a rabies shot just in case.